Friday, July 13, 2012

Catching Up!

Wow... we go out of town for 4 days and it takes me a whole damn week to catch up!  I know you've been on pins and needles waiting for a new post, and I hate to disappoint...so here it is!  : )  I really need to come up with daily themes like I've seen on other blogs, but for now I'll just stick to filling you in on my oh-so-exciting life.  : )

Last Friday, we headed out to Austin to visit my best friend, Ange.  It was such a beautiful day.


We went to dinner at one of our favorite Austin restaurants, The Oasis, with Ange and Felicity.  Great food, great friends!





On Saturday, we headed to Bastrop to relax at the fabulous Hyatt Lost Pines Resort.  We had a great time relaxing on the lazy river all day. 


We needed to rest in the room for a bit afterwards.


We had some s'mores, some yummy drinks, and lots of much needed girl time!







There was lots of yummy food there, but by far the BEST thing I ate was the BLTG - honey cured bacon, arugula, tomato aioli, and goat cheese on sourdough, served with sweet potato fries.  O.M.G!  It was like the chef could read my mind and put all of my favorite things together on one plate.  Seriously.  Best. meal. ever.


The only thing I didn't like about that meal was that it was our last at Lost Pines : (  Unfortunately, we had to head back home to reality enjoy the rest of our summer.   On the way home we saw a bunch of trees that were burned in the wildfires last year.  It was really sad.


We didn't bring any souveniers home, but I did get a nice golden tan....on almost every visible part of my body.  I seriously have no idea what happened there!




The best thing about coming home was that I got some much needed FaceTime with my two favorite little guys!




Wednesday, we went to a Mary Kay party at a friend's house.  There was yummy food and drinks, and I got to play with makeup!  Fun!!!



To wrap up the week, I got an old tattoo covered with an original (and beautiful!) design that my favorite tattoo artist, Red, drew for me.  Here's the before, during, and after pics of my new ink. 





I love the design and the colors!  I couldn't be happier about it!



And that's how we spent our week!  I promise I won't slack off again.... at least I'll try not to!  I hope you enjoyed the pictures... see ya soon!

What I wanna know is...
  • What was your favorite part of the past week?

: )

2 comments: