Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July Fun!

Cindy and I went to my mom/sister's house yesterday to hang out with the family and eat some yummy grub.  Here's a rundown of our day there.

We finally got to cut into the Strawberry Blueberry Poke Cake that I made for the 4th.  My stepdad LOVED it!  I'm not sure, but I think he loved it even more when I told him that it was a healthy cake! : )  In my opinion, it was good, but not great.  Whatever.  I got to eat cake and not feel terribly guilty about it which makes for a pretty good day!




My sister, Veronica, showed me her latest jewelry pieces.  She has her own jewelry business called Bella Cosas.  She is now making these gorgeous wrap bracelets that I absolutely LOVE!! I tried this one on and tried to sneak out with it, but she wouldn't let me! : ( 


She can make the bracelets in all colors and lengths and she can even personalize them with these adorable alphabet blocks.



 My favorite part of the day was hanging out with our 2 favorite boys, Jack and Drew!


 This little guy is becoming quite an inchworm!




 Jack got some new "big boy" toys and was obviously too busy to smile for the camera.


enjoying our day

We had some yummy steaks and roasted veggies for dinner, then we played with the boys a little more. 



Rolling around












The boys wrestled in grandpa's "man cave" while we watched Wheel of Fortune.



After a long day, Cindy and I headed home and decided to forgo the fireworks show and go watch The Amazing Spiderman instead.  If you haven't seen it yet, let me save you about $20 - go rent the first Spiderman movie at a Redbox and be done with it.  Sure, the special effects and graphics are pretty awesome (especially in 3D), but the story line is EXACTLY the same with just a few minor changes.  Which, I guess, means it's not exactly the same, but you know what I mean.  Regardless...it's a good movie, but we liked it back in 2002... when it first came out.  Okay, you get the hint.  I'll move on.

We spent today doing a little shopping and getting stuff ready for our weekend getaway to Hyatt Lost Pines outside of Austin.  We get to see some great friends, spend the weekend with my BFF, and relax and have tons of fun at this amazing resort... I can hardly wait!  I even got a bright, fun summer mani/pedi! Yes, I decided to try the accent nail trend.  What do you think? 




While I don't plan on blogging over the weekend, I'll be sure to take tons of pictures and tell you all about our trip on Monday! 

What I wanna know is:
  • How did you spend your Fourth of July?
  • Did you or are you planning on taking any trips this summer?





1 comment:

  1. super excited to see you gals!!!!! loving the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete